Wednesday, January 21, 2009

stepping into the unknown

Good morning, Lord,
It's always good to be reminded that nothing we have here is promised. Yesterday, Anthony was laid off from work. I'm thankful to have my job, but it just helps to put things in perspective. My savings, my house, my job, my friends...anything and everything could be taken away in the blink of the eye. Help me to keep my eyes set on things that are eternal and not just to get caught up in the day-to-day of life that I find myself wallowing in so much of the time. I want to be used.
Last night during small group, I feel like you gave me a vision. Well, really it was a glimpse of the future - a feeling. You have a transformation awaiting -- a time of refreshing -- that's coming Lord. I want it so badly! I want to be on fire. I want to be radical for you and I find myself just plugging away without purpose. I'm really excited about the potential ministry at the girls home that COTR is doing, and maybe that's a start. But Father, empty me of me, pour yourself in and overflow. I want to spill your love all over, whereever you lead me to go. Help me to be obedient.
The second "vision" I had I'm less sure was you, but it involved Andy. And we were together and there was a sense that it would be like Christine and Jamie, where we are built up into one temple for you. Both excited and both tranformed. I have a hard time imagining that now, but oooohhh that would be exciting!
I still have so many fears about marriage, but I know that it is both hard and wonderful. Lord, teach my heart to match Yours!
Thank you Jesus! Thank you for giving us a new start each day and for bearing with us in a love we so deep we cannot fathom it. You are good.
I give this year to you, best I can. Help me to remember it each day!

No comments: